* The procedure given below may be followed for effecting remittances from abroad to India, to the credit of your account with concerned branch/bank in India or for investing funds under term deposit schemes available to NRIs.
* The amount can be sent by way of a draft in any of the above currencies made in your name and mail the draft directly to the branch concerned in India with a request to place the funds as per your requirement.
* If you are remitting funds through SWIFT mode, and in US Dollars you can instruct your bankers to remit funds to USD account No. 2000191075450 of Vijaya Bank, maintained with Wells Fargo Bank NA, 375, Park Avnue, NY 4080, New Yourk N.Y. 10152 , with instructions to send SWIFT message (MT-103) (customer transfer) to our SWIFT address "VIJBINBBIBD". The message should contain instructions to place the proceeds of the funds to the credit of your account (A/c No. to be given) with concerned branch in India .
The format of the message could be as under:
"PAY USD ________________TO WELLS FARGO BANK NA, 375, PARK AVENUE, NY 4080, NEW YORK N.Y. 10152 (SWIFT ADDRESS : PNBPUS3NNYC) (FED WIRE : 026005092) (CHIPS ABA : 0509) FOR THE CREDIT OF USD ACCOUNT NUMBER :: 2000191075450 OF VIJAYA BANK, BANGALORE, INDIA AND ADVISE THEM TO SEND A SWIFT MT-103 (CUSTOMER TRANSFER) TO VIJAYA BANK, INTERNATIONAL BANKING DIVISION, HEAD OFFICE, BANGALORE, INDIA (SWIFT ADDRESS :VIJBINBBIBD) FOR FINAL CREDIT TO _______________(YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER) OF ……………………… AT (YOUR NAME) WITH VIJAYA BANK ……….. (NAME OF THE VIJAYA BANK BRANCH WHERE YOUR ACCOUNT IS MAINTAINED) BRANCH , INDIA ".
"PAY USD _________________ TO STANDARD CHARTERED BANK, ONE MADISON AVENUE, NEW YOURK, 10010-3603 (SWIFT ADDRESS::SCBLUS33, FED ABA NO.026002561) FOR THE CREDIT OF USD ACCOUNT NO.00258244 OF VIJAYA BANK, BANGALORE INDIA, AND ADVISE THEM TO SEND A SWIFT MT-103 (CUSTOMER TRANSFER) TO VIJAYA BANK, INTERNATIONAL BANKING DIVISION, HEAD OFFICE,BANGALORE, INDIA SWIFT ADDRESS :VIJBINBBIBD) FOR FINAL CREDIT TO _______________(YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER) OF ……………………… AT (YOUR NAME) WITH VIJAYA BANK ……….. (NAME OF THE VIJAYA BANK BRANCH WHERE YOUR ACCOUNT IS MAINTAINED) BRANCH , INDIA ".
* On receipt of the SWIFT message, the foreign currency will be converted into rupees at the rate ruling on the date of conversion and the proceeds will be credited to your account in a day or two.
* The same procedure may be adopted for remitting funds in other currencies through the respective NOSTRO account, in the respective country, the details regarding account No. , Country, Currency and addresses can be obtained at our web site under " Forex - "Remittances"
* It will be advisable to open a NRE SB account in India before effecting remittances into India.