Our Bank was awarded Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar for the year 2015-16 for Implementation of O.L. in ‘C’ Region by his excellency President of India Shri Pranab Mukherji on 14.09.2016 in the grand function organized at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IMPLEMENTATION
Organizational Set Up
After Nationalization of the Bank in the year 1980, Official Language Cell was set up at Head Office.The Cell was upgraded to a Division consequent upon posting Chief Manager in the year 1990. The Official Language Division ensures effective Implementation of the O.L. Policy of the Govt. of India. With a view to have smooth functioning of the Division it is placed under the control of General Manager. Presently the O.L. Division is headed by a Chief Manager. All Regional Offices and Staff College of the Bank is provided with Rajbhasha Adhikaris.
Official Langauge Implementation Committee:
The Official Language Implementation Committee is headed by the Managing Director and CEO. Official Language Implementation Committees are constituted in all Regional Offices, branches and other offices of the bank, the Head of Office is the Head of the OLIC. The OLIC meets every quarter in which the progress made in Hindi is reviewed.
The branch encourages its employees to learn Hindi. The bank conducts classes to train its employees to attain working knowledge. So also Hindi typing and Hindi stenography classes are conducted. Employees are given incentives on passing the various Hindi examinations.
The inbuilt Unicode fonts are also used for Hindi correspondence. With a view to ensure the use of Hindi in Core Banking and HRMs the bank has provided linguify.banks a interface software in all its branches/offices.
Hindi Books/ Dictionaries
As per the Annual Implementation Programme of Govt. of India 50% of the budget allotted for the purchase of books is allotted for purchase of Hindi books. Hindi books on Banking, Economics, and General Topics are available in Head Office as well as all Regional Offices. All branches of the Bank are provided with English –Hindi and Hindi- English Dictionary. Apart from this with a view to enable staff members to use Hindi in their day to day work, every staff member of the bank is provided with Banking Glossary.
Notification of branches under Rule 10(4) of O.L.Rules 1976
Bank has so far notified 1084 branches/offices under Rule 10(4) of O.L. Rules 1976.
House Magazine of the Bank
‘Vijaya Mitra’, an exclusive Quarterly Hindi Magazine is being published by O.L. Division of the Bank .
The Hindi Section of the Banks’, House Magazine Vijaya Vikas contains topics on Banking, Administration , Literature etc. Stories and poems are also published in Hindi.
Important Aspects of O.L. Implementation:
- All letters received in Hindi are replied in Hindi
- The signboards, Counter Boards, Name plates are available/ displayed in Regional Language, Hindi and English.
- The Letter Heads, Forms, Registers, Visiting Cards, Identity Cards, and all items of stationery are in bilingual form.
- Publicity material are in Hindi and English
- Publications/Booklets are in Hindi and English
- Cheques written and signed in Hindi are accepted
- We welcome correspondence in Hindi
- Applications,forms etc., filled in Hindi are accepted
- Heads of the files are written in Hindi and English
- Invitations of the Banks functions are printed in Regional Language, Hindi and English
- The advertisements of all India Level are released in Hindi and English.